The Peterborough market continues to be very strong. A shortage of inventory had led to prices being pushed up due to high demand and created a strong seller’s market.
The shortage of listings is the main story. This year to date there has been a decline of 17% in listings on the Peterborough and the Kawarthas Association of REALTORS® Inc. MLS system compared to the same time last year (October 2015 was already 4% lower than 2014).
Here are some crazy facts about the 2016 market.
Are you the type of person who loves data? Check out Statistics Canada’s demographical information for our great city of Peterborough!
The top 15 Peterborough Region Employers
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre: 2,000
- City of Peterborough: 1,257
- Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board: 1,250
- General Motors (Oshawa): 1,000
- Fleming College: 987
- General Electric Canada: 950
- Trent University: 946
- Ministry of Natural Resources: 865
- Central East Community Access Centre: 803
- AON Inc.: 734
- Peterborough, Victoria, Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board: 695
- PepsiCo/QRG: 610
- Sysco: 530
- SGS Lakefield Research: 520
- Ventra Plastics: 460
(Source – Peterborough Economic Development web site, January 2017)